Our Vision for Community Wellbeing
In 2018 Co Wicklow PPN brought community groups in each of the 5 Municipal Districts in Co Wicklow together to develop a shared vision for community wellbeing.
Through these meetings and an online consultation community groups were asked what their aspirations were for the community for generations to come.
Responses under the headings of:
- Social and Community Development
- Participation, Democracy and Good Governance
- Values, Culture & Meaning
- Health (Physical and Mental)
- Work, Economy & Resources
- Environment & Sustainability
are listed in the consultation documents “What We Heard”.
These contributions have formed the Vision for Community Wellbeing Statements and High Level Goals for each of the 5 Municipal Districts and for Co Wicklow (see graphics below). These guiding visions inform the work of our PPN Representatives on county policy and decision-making bodies.
In 2022 Co Wicklow PPN working in collaboration with Wicklow County Council revisited the ‘Vision for Community Wellbeing’ consultations.
We asked community groups and individuals from our diverse communities throughout the county to share their vision for our community (we used the same themes as in the 2018 consultations) with us to help:
- Inform the development of the new Co Wicklow Local Economic & Community Plan (LECP)
- Prepare the new Co Wicklow PPN Vision for Community Wellbeing Statement
The PPN are working on reviewing the Vision for Community Wellbeing Statements and High Level Goals to reflect ‘what we heard’ at the 2022 consultations.
What We Heard: at 2018 Consultations
What We Heard: at 2022 Consultations