LEADER Transitional Programme
Saturday, 31 Dec 2022 – Thursday, 1 Dec 2022
12:00am – 12:00am
Closing Date: No specific closing date
CWP is currently implementing a transitional programme for 2021 and 2022 in advance of the new EU LEADER fund commencing in 2023 and are here to help applicants to access these funds.
While LEADER is a broad programme which can consider funding a wide range of actions and investments in county Wicklow, they follow the themes listed in the posts picture.
Who can benefit from LEADER funding?
- Individuals or a group of promoters who have a viable rural enterprise idea
- Rural Businesses looking to expand or diversify, or start a brand new business
- Farm Families looking to diversify into non-agricultural activities to supplement their farm income
- Community Groups promoting community enterprises, local amenity projects or community services
- Voluntary Organisations or special interest groups promoting social, cultural or environmental projects
- Partnerships promoting projects in collaboration with other organisations, including other Local Action Groups
In general terms the following activities are eligible for funding;
- Construction costs
- Purchase of equipment
- Analysis and Development e.g. Feasibility studies / prototype development
- Intangible investments such as the acquisition or development of specialised computer software and acquisitions of patents, licenses, copyrights, trademarks.
- Training programmes that relate to the LEADER themes and that are not available elsewhere or as part of a mainstream educational programme
- Marketing costs for new initiatives / Group marketing
It should be noted that applications can only be considered for enterprises and activities that will not cause displacement elsewhere. For this reason, many conventional business sectors and activities are precluded from receiving LEADER funding.
Click HERE to access Co. Wicklow Partnership website re LEADER Funding which includes the Expression of Interest Form