Brexit Blue Economy Scheme to benefit Ireland’s Blue economy
Tuesday, 15 Aug 2023
12:00am – 12:00am
Closing Date: 15th August 2023
The purpose of the scheme is to counter the adverse economic and social consequences of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union on businesses operating in the blue economy and located in communities within 10km of the coastline.
Three types of projects will be considered for funding:
- Project Type 1 – Capital Investment
- Project Type 2 – Business Mentoring and Capacity Development
- Project Type 3 – Upskilling and Training
Who is eligible to apply for funding:
Project Type 1 & 2
- Initiatives proposed by applicants must be located within 10km of the coastline, excluding metropolitan electoral districts.
- Applications must have a demonstrable connection to the blue economy and must be within one of the following blue economy sectors:
- Small Non-Commercial Harbour/Pier Activities
- Boat Building and Repair
- Coastal Tourism
- Marine Leisure and Sport
- Renewable Energy Initiatives supporting the Blue Economy
- Applicant must be an entrepreneurial initiative
- Applicant must be a micro or small enterprise
Project Type 3
- Any persons who live or work within 10km of the coastline.
- Applicants for Type 3 projects are not required, where the training facilitates entry into the blue economy, to demonstrate an existing link to the blue economy.
To find out more click HERE